So here is my list of softwares (mostly collaboration ones) that any start-up should consider:
- asterisk: complete telephony solutions including conferencing, call queuing etc
- teleo of course is now part of microsoft empire (the kind of acquisitions they have made recently makes me excited about what their vista will have to offer
- instalcoll: sabeer bhatias latest brainchild
- writeboard & writely: more like collaborative writing offering "software as service"
- shinkuro & dropload
- loads of wiki engines are available but no wiki talk is complete without mentioning confluence & jotspot (2 of my favorites.... jot being more like a wiki farm)